London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, December 2, 2013

The Weather Is Getting Colder

Okay so thank you everyone for the e-mails, I don't have time to write everyone back, I'm trying as hard as I can, its hard to write everyone though! But I will!!!

This week has been much better. But we definitely went through some trials!!! Elder Stradlings front tire got a puncture, and then a few days later ( we just kept pumping it up every time we goton the bikes) the BACK tire got a puncture! So we took it in to a bike shop today, haha. As much as I hate cycling (I don't actually hate it but I like walking for missionary work more) its impossible to walk here, the area is so spread out that we need bikes.

We had a great thanksgiving, a member family fed us and we helped them set up their Christmas tree. It was really funny. Elder Stradling was making Austin and I crack up so much. We played this board game called Quarkle? (think scrabble but with shapes/colors instead of words) and Stradders destroyed us! It was good stuff.

Oh my gosh, I was at dinner with this couple here whose basically the person I want to be when I grow up. They're super old (but still feisty) and they go to the temple for an entire week once a month. And they've already served 4 temple missions, haha, holy crap. Awesomeness. Their entire house is filled with pictures of Jesus Christ and the only thing they watch on TV is national geographic, HAHA! I'm just like, "Wow, these people are awesome. True saints. I'm too worldly." Anyways, when I get old I wanna be like that. But have tattoos. Just kidding of course.

Anyways, random story, but yeah, we had a much better week. We didn't teach many lessons of course but I worked as hard as I could (at least I felt I did) so what more can you do? We'll reap the blessings from working with members later if not sooner. We're still set to baptize Lennon for the 15th of December! Can't wait. That'd be my 9th baptism on my mission, I'm stoked! Love you all!

-Elder Blumenthal








No comments:

Post a Comment