London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, December 9, 2013

Cows!!! And Broken Bikes

Hey everyone, this week went by blazing quick! They seem to just go by faster and faster, and with Christmas coming up that's going to be awesome! HAHA! I can't wait until Christmas. Talk to my family!!! lots of Christmas food! Did I mention, LOTS OF CHRISTMAS FOOD!!! If there's one food I do like from England, its English roast dinners. Oh my days. I hope I get a few of those in the coming weeks.

ANYWAYS... Well lets see, I gave a talk on sunday, for 15 minutes. Went by pretty quick actually. I realized I can chat with someone at their house for an hour, its pretty easy to chat to a whole congregation of people for 15 minutes, haha. But I still get way nervous standing up there, but whatever. I realized the best part about speaking is that you strengthen your own testimony as you prepare to give the talk, and as you give it.

funny story, my bike broke. I'll just copy/paste what I e-mailed BDN:

Okay, well yeah, guess what? I was with my comp, saw him fall on his bike! oh dang! He was alright. Anyways, he gets up, and I'm cycling behind him, and then (while laughing at him in my head) my bike EXPLODES! Like, the back tire and its bearings just explode and fly everywhere! I was like, "VAT DA?!!!" and so my bike is getting fixed atm. Hilarious. But yeha whe it happened I thought, "Oh nothing much, etc." and then when I realized that I destroyed my bike, I looked up and Elder Stradling was like, GONE. HAHAH! He took a roundabout and didn't look back, and he went all the way to the flat! LOL! Then he came back looking for me lol. It was so weird to be companionless for 5 minuets though, haha, mission life...

That was a hilarious night.

Anyways, Lennon is officially ready for his baptism on the 15th. I don't know why I haven't gotten pictures of the guy yet. He's so awesome. He's ready. He's also, hilarious how serious he's taking this (which is good!) He promised himself (he loves video games) that he wouldn't buy his favourite video game, but he bought a PS4 and bought a video game that was similar to it? so he took us outside at church and was like, "guys, is that wrong, what do I do?" it was so funny but awesome! I was like, "Man, if I was as saintly as you..." Anyways, Lennon is awesome, I love his half-portugese accent. We can't wait to see his son be baptized in the coming months! I can see it happening. And Lennon can baptize him! Booyah! So great.

Well, I have to get skipping. Oh yeha, speaking of which, lennon asked if I could baptize him! Oh dang!!! alright... I'm nervous! He's a big guy!!! And I suck at baptizing, (haha remember when I baptized joe six times... sigh... I miss him) Anyways, this coming week is going to be awesome. Next week you should see some pics of the baptism, in the mean time, COWS!!! Haha we were walking through an abandoned American military base, that they use for all sorts now... its really weird. They've got cows walking around, and a factory that makes pickles (smelled SO GOOD walking by it.)

Love you guys!

-Elder Blumenthal

Alma 32:35
Is this not real? Of course it is!!! The spirit you feel/have felt is REAL. Sorry I don't have a spiritual thought really, but I did like that scripture. I have loads of spiritual stuff to share but, no time, no time! Gotta e-mail president.





No comments:

Post a Comment