London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Christmas!

Hey everyone!!! Merry Christmas. Its the most wonderful time of the year. Definitely. For sho.
 
The week was awesome. Except for me having the worst cold in the WORLD! OH MY GOSH!! Its annoying. And it doesn't make things any better that while cycling home form thatcham (basically like a 20 minute cycle, about 4 miles or something like that I forget) the rain was POURING.. like Torrential... and I don't have a proper rain coat... so I got SOAKED... and this happened not once, but TWICE!! UGH!!! So yeah I hope I don't get pneumonia or something dumb like that. Just kidding I probably won't, who knows.
 
But other than the rubbish weather, the week was awesome! Lennon was confirmed on Sunday. Church was so powerful. It was just a carol concert (a thing they do here, we just sit in church, a kid comes up and reads a few verses from the scriptures about the birth of Christ, and then sing a Christmas carol. Wash rinse repeat for 40 minutes.) But it was still awesome, I really really did feel the spirit, probably stronger than almost any time in my mission. I don't know why but I did! I just love Christmas. Oh Martha, oh Christmas!!! (The Grinch haha)
 
But yeah, most of our people we've been seeing are like, "Oh yeha come back after new years." And of course missionaries don't ever stop working.. so, like, yeah, its going to be quite "fun" this next week after Christmas. Door knocking!!! Or street contacting, who knows. Its too cold and rainy for people to be happy after Christmas. haha.
 
have a great week everyone. Love you all, LOTS. I'll share with you what President Millar shared with us, that in Luke chapter 2, it represents the birth of our saviour, but what's interesting is that the first people who find out are the shepherds watching over a flock of sheep. And its not just any sheep, but the sheep used at the Temple. I thought that was interesting. And also interesting that these men follow the light, see the Lord and fall down and worship him. Its a real sign of humility. Anyways, gotta e-mail president. Love you all, Meeeerrrryyy Christmas!!!!
 
-Elder Blumenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment