London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, October 8, 2012

Hey Everyone!! (And Pictures From Calum and Hannah's Wedding!!)

Elder Blumenthal's Mass E-mail:

Wow alright, I have a lot of apologizing to do. I was rushing today to get food for our Zone P-day today, and I didn't have time to actually write anyone, just read everyone's e-mails. So sorry! Next week I'll be much better. Hopefully.


Well anyways, today was awesome, we had a zone P-day and were playing football for like 3 hours. The greatest! And everyone brought food from their country. Elder Cantos made this really tasty french toast stuff, but he's from Spain so I guess its Spanish bread. And sister Naseem (she's from Pakistan I think) and Pallekonda (not sure where she's from) made some really good but REALLY spicy rice. 

Anyways, Calum and Hannah's wedding was the greatest. They are so awesome. They even sent us a text and told us that it wouldn't be possible without us. I know that's a lie but it felt so nice to be appreciated by those 2. They are so legit. I have a few pictures of them I'll upload for you guys! Their baptism is this weekend, I can't wait. I get to baptize Hannah and Elder Wainwright is baptizing Calum.

Well last week was pretty slow other than the wedding and such. We had a few people to see but many times they "can't see us right now" and such, so we hope to see them more often this week. We did get to teach this guy Sergiu, whose from Romania. He's really cool. He thinks its crazy that me and Elder W are here, doing missionary work, and not getting paid. Haha!

Conference was amazing. We saw just about every session except the last one. Inbetween sessions (we saw them at the Crawley chapel) we went out and knocked on doors haha. We actually got contact info from someone in the short 20 minutes we were out.
How did you guys like conference? What was your favorite talk? I can't remember them all, but the 2 I liked were Jeffrey R. Holland's talk and President Uchtdorf's talk (on Saturday Morning.) Those talks were awesome. I'm downloading Elder Bednar's talk right now cause I missed the Sunday afternoon session.

Can you guys believe the announcement?! Missionaries at 18 years old. And even more crazy (for me) Sister missionaries at 19!!! I already heard that Miriam is preparing for her mission right now. That's so legit. 

Alright well I have to go, so sorry for not e-mailing everyone if I couldn't get the chance. I'll write home sometime this week maybe! Love you all!

-Elder Blumenthal

Elder Blumenthal's Message That Came With Pictures:
I got a few pictures of Calum and Hannah's wedding. I wanted to get one with me, Calum and Hannah but Brother Babbage didn't know how to use my camera. HAHA! So we missed it. Oh well.

In the giant group photo, the guy right behind Calum's head is Brother Boyd, his dad. He's in our ward as well. That guy is so hilarious. He has the thickest scottish accent on earth, so whenever he makes a joke, I don't even hear what he just said but I just bust out laughing. Haha!! He kind of looks like dad too. And he does the same things as dad as well, he does (or used to do) landscaping and such. He's probably the only guy I've seen in England who doesn't use electric lawnmowers and weed-whippers (cause electric ones are lame!) 

Well got to go. Love you guys!

-Elder Blumenthal






No comments:

Post a Comment