London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, October 22, 2012

Great Week! Lots Of Missionary Work!!!


This week was awesome. Early on in the week we had a night where different people wanted to see us in the space of an hour and a half. So we had to literally do splits and do 2 lessons each. Crazy!! The members who we needed for splits weren't available so me and Elder W were kind of stressing because we didn't want to have to cancel appointments with anyone. So what we did was bring Calum with us on a split, and his dad Brother Boyd. It was so awesome! I stuck with Calum and we taught their friend Abbey and also his neighbors Wayne and Stasj (I can't spell). So powerful, I can't believe Calum has only been a member of the church for 8 days. He bore such powerful testimony, I couldn't help but smile as he was talking. Long story short, things went really well and we currently are preparing 3 people for baptism!!! Hopefully everything goes well with that. The Lord really blessed us with such strong people to see, and such amazing examples of member missionaries like Calum, Hannah and Brother Boyd (their dad.) The boyds are so awesome!!!
 
We had dinner at the Pelhams during the week, and i've never laughed harder on my mission. Ryan was making me crack up so hard. I think at one point I almost choked I was laughing so hard haha! And sister Pelham made us Burgers and Chips, which was awesome because it brought back memories of America! It was the best.
 
Anyways, later on in the week we had church and it went awesome. Calum blessed the sacrament; the first time he's ever been to sacrament as a priest!!! It was so awesome, I'm so glad I could be a part of him joining the church. We also had a woman from the ward come home from her mission and had a "Munch and mingle" thing after church, which was really great. I should have took pictures but I was too busy munching. Haha.
 
Well anyways I have to get going, but yeah this week is Elder W's last week in the area (most probably) and he's been here for 7 1/2 months. So we're going to be busy this week!!! We're going to get everyone around who ever knew him from before to come to church this Sunday. Its going to be packed!!!
 
I love you all, and thanks so much for writing me everyone! Until next week!
 
-Elder Skyler Blumenthal



No comments:

Post a Comment