London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, October 15, 2012

Calum And Hannah's Baptism!!!


Well the moment had finally came, Calum and Hannah's baptism!!! It was awesome. I was really nervous though to baptize her. But apparently I did it right, so all is good.
 
I don't know what to say about it other than it was awesome. They were so happy and excited, and everyone we wanted came along! We could have had more members, but we saw them the next day for their confirmation. My favorite part is that we baptized 2 people who are so willing to share the gospel with others (they've already given out like 8 books of mormon, and a Gospel Principles book) that maybe they'll inspire other strong active members to get out there and share the gospel as well! We all have a duty to share the gospel, or at least help the missionaries in their efforts as much as we can, whether that be by going on split teaches with them, or even finding people for them to teach.
 
Anyways, the next day at their confirmation was even more powerful (for me.) Me and Elder W also got to take part in it as well, it was so great just being a part of that experience. If there is one thing I want to do right now more than anything, its introduce Hannah and Calum to everyone, in person. You would all just love them!
 
Alright well anyways, the rest of the week went well. Elder W broke the pedal off of his bike. Like, the actual pedal arm, just snapped in half. So Calum and his neighbor Wayne got the crank, popped it off, and replaced it with a crank from another bike, as well as the pedals. but in order for it to fit we had to literally bang out some dents in the bike frame and stuff. It was so funny, 3/4 of the time they were working on the bike, Wayne was just hitting something with a hammer. Calum's friend Eduardo was there, he speaks hardly any english (just spanish) so it was so funny just listening to him say random stuff.
 
I have to get going now, but thank you everyone for the e-mails! I know I probably haven't responded to all of you, but I wish I could have! If there is one thing I need to improve on, its finding time to write to everyone. I love the church and how much it brings families together, because after all, that's what is most important to us in life, is families. If I can suggest a chapter to read it would be Alma 12, the whole chapter. It's really interesting, it talks about the Plan of Salvation, or God's true plan for us.
 
Another thing I'd want to invite everyone reading this to do, is have Family Home Evenings on Monday nights. It doesn't have to be a 2-hour long sermon... Just something small, to bring unity to the family at home. I know life can get in the way, but setting time apart to have family home evening will make everyone happier. I promise!!!
 
I have to go now, love you all!
 
-Elder Blumenthal









No comments:

Post a Comment