London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, April 8, 2013

Six Times!!! Craziest Week Of My Life


Hey everyone,
 
before I begin, I apologize for the lack of weekly e-mails lately. Things have been so ehctic and crazy, but not necessarily in a good way. I hate when being rushed for time when there's not anything exciting or uplifting coming up. But anyways, this e-mail will talk about what happened the past few weeks.
 
So first thigns first, Joe was baptized!!! And I have photos!!!! Here's the crazy part though. I was doing the baptism!!! Well no worries, right? wrong!!!! Elder Hegerhorst (bless him) didn't seal the plug when filling up the font, so during the song of the baptismal service he went to check on it, and the water was draining!!!!!!!! So we basically had to just carry on and baptize joe in this water thats like, up to our knees. Just kidding it wasn't that low but it was pretty low.... Anyways, Joe kept kicking up his feet! Over and over!!! I had to baptize him... 6 times... That's right. It was really embarassing. Looking abck on it I just laugh though. Oh my days. At least its over now though. And he still enjoyed it. Later on we went to this Priory? (friary? I don't know what its called) and fed these geese or something with Joe. It was good stuff. Elder Hegerhorst and him were talking, I was just chasing the geese around, it was so funny. They were hissing at me and stuff!!!
 
So anyways the next day he was confirmed, that went well, and his parents were there for the confirmation. They seemed to really enjoy it I think.
 
So everything is "back to normal" throughout the week. We had Zone Training, where our entire zone gets together and has a little meeting and such. President Millar was there for interviews as well, telling us the amazing thigns happening in the mission. Here's something funny: We have 26 sisters in the mission right now. In the com,ing months, 26 sisters are coming into the mission!!! So every single sister in the mission right now is going to have to train!! Holy cow.
 
Anyways, we had a good day with that, came back home, got a phone call from President at 10:00 or so. He said Elder Hegerhorst was moving, to Bath!!! Which is in the Bristol Zone. He's going to be a Zone leader!! But even crazier is he said "And your moving tomorrow morning." WHAT?!?!!? Holy crap!!!! It was so stressful that night. Basically I was getting a brand new companion and taking over the area and everything, it was crazy.
 
So anyways, that brings me to this moment now. I'm with Elder Eccleton and we've been working the area a bit. I've been pretty sick the past few days, Don't know why, I felt guilty for not getting out and workinga s much as I wanted, but on Sunday I found out that one of the people we visited was sick and couldn't come to church... So i was just like "... whoops." So I'm not going to go out if I don't feel like it. I don't want to make any more people sick or anything.
 
well I ahve to go, I'll just upload some pictures. and a few videos I think. But yeah. Its funny because while waiting for Elder Eccleton, I had to go in a Tri with Elder Patten and Diaz in Welling. but the other elders there had the same Dinner Appointment as them. So just 5 missionaries were walking around the street, it was so funny!!! And I ate more fou fou, this weird pasty starch stuff you eat with your hands and dip in soup. Its just powdered yam (but not the yam we use in America) with water. Its pretty nice. Then I ate plantains and stuff. Anyways, I ahve to get going. Thank you everyone for your e-mails. Love you all!
 
-Elder Blumenthal



















No comments:

Post a Comment