London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, September 16, 2013

14 Months!

Wow, its already been 14 months! What craziness!
 
Okay well I have like.. no time this week. But I wanted to say the week has been awesome! Where to begin?
 
Well how about the fact that Dallin H. Oaks came on Tuesday! That was awesome!!! I shook his hand!!! Haha it was legit. My mind was blown form all the awesome stuff he talked about. It was truly a great night never to be forgotten. i even wrote in my journal (Haha I suck at writing in my journal. Whoops.)
 
Well anyways, someone who came was Druscillia! An investigator who has been to church a few times and her twin sister from the US is a member of the church. She came to Dallin H. Oaks and shook his hand as well! She's so awesome. We're hopefully going to see her and her family be baptized in the coming month. She's a very humble woman who needs the gospel in her life, and I'm sure it will uplift and encourage her and bring her more joy than anything else.
 
So yeah, what else? Oh yeah!!! We saw this family from the Czech republic, the funniest experience ever... We went to theirs with Deco (a ward missionary) and Isabel, which was hilarious because there was like a room full of confused people. they had their 3 triplet 15-yaer old daughters try and translate for us, but it wasn't working lol, so we pulled out our flat's stupid portable DVD player and started showing them a short Joseph Smith movie in Czech language. Everything was going fine, and then it gets to the first vision. Literally RIGHT before Joseph Smith starts praying, the DVD player goes flat. Most hilarious situation ever. They thought the movie was over. I was like "WHAT?! NOOO!!!!" hahahaha so we've gota come back sometimes this week and finish it off. Oh my days. DANGIT! Oh well. they're really cool though. I still don't know what's going to happen even if they join the church... Czech branch?! haha. Well their english has to improve sometime if they're living in England, so maybe coming to church will help them out as well. Luckily, the Bishop served his mission in Czech republic so probably he can help them out as well.
 
Alright well I'm sorry guys but that's it this week! Thanks everyone for the e-mails, you are all brilliant. Instead of quoting a scripture from the standard works this week, I'll quote scripture from an Apostle of the Lord, Elder Bednar:
 
If I had the wish of my heart, I would take a few moments with each of you individually. I would shake your hand, draw you close, look you in the eyes, and say, “You can do this! The Lord you represent and serve knows you can do this. I know you can do this. And as His servant, I promise you will have His help. Please remember always that with His help and in His strength, you can do this!”
 
I was reading that today at LDS.ORG about how to become a Preach My Gospel missionary and I really liked what he said. Anyways, until next week
 
-Elder Blumenthal
 
2 Corinthians 13:14 (The Doctrine of the Godhead, shown by Dallin H. Oaks!)

P.S.
And some pictures of us hanging with my BFF's in Catford ward! Deco Isabel Rhona. Its missing Harry and Josh and Joel but whatever, they'd usually be in there. These guys are legit!!!

P.P.S.
Picutre of Elder Bodhaine with Elder Oaks! LOL!





1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I love this guy! He's an amazing missionary and has helped me soo much! ... Family and friends Must be well proud!
    From Isabel :)

    ReplyDelete