London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 8: Work Is Going Well!

Well the week has been slightly slow, but there were a lot of cool things that happened.
 
I don't know if I ever wrote home about Shem, but an overview is: this big polish guy stopped US and was like, praising us, for what we do. haha! So we tried setting up an appointment to see him, and finally just this week we saw him and taught him the Restoration of the Gospel. Man, I love that guy. He just invites us over, gives us a bunch of food and is all "Yes guys, eat guys! its for you!" haha in his broken English accent.
 
Another cool thing was that Callum got to have his kids over after, like, months of not seeing them. We visited while they were over and got to meet the kids. man those kids were great, and you can just see the joy Callum has when being with his kids. We also taught Callum and hannah a few times through the week, and they are even putting their names on the "Dinner with Missionaries" list!!! Haha! They aren't even members yet!!! We ate Hannah's famous stuffed chicken, man it was SO GOOD. I forget what she put in it, but it was absolutely amazing. Haha
 
We also got to see Rushi again thsi week. i don't think i wrote about him. He's just a great guy from India who is having hard times, but he says that whenever he sees us he gets so happy and he is starting to pray lots and be comforted by Heavenly Father. now we just have to work on getting him to church! Haha. But yeah its always nice to see Rushi.
 
Well i had alot of pictures and a really cool video you guys would enjoy, but... I forgot my card reader!!!!!! So i can't upload any photos. I'm sorry everyone, I let you all down!!! :( But better luck next week, that gives me more time to e-mail everyone. haha.
 
Oh and we might be playing football again in the park today. Last week was crazy. Everyone called me "Zac Efron" for some reason, and the name just stuck, they only call me Zac now instead of Elder B or Elder Blue or something. Whatever haha. They call me Zac Efron cause they love High School Musical (what the heck?!) and I said this guy Jack Field looks like Zac Efron and he goes "Me? no way! You do!" or something haha, so it just stuck.
 
Alright I have to get going and e-mail my mission president. love you all, hope you're having a great time back home. I think I've already sent it already, but I want to say it again. We see so many of these members who are so happy to interact with us at church, but what makes me and Elder Wainwright most happy about the ward is the times when they take part in Missionary work. If you guys offer to go on splits or lessons with missionaries, or offer your homes for FHE with their investigator, or even give them referrals of your own, they will absolutely love you. When the ward works with the missionaries, everyone is happy!!!
 
I love you all, and what confidence that you guys give me. Until next week!
 
-Elder Blumenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment