London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, March 4, 2013

Very Quick E-Mail!


Hey everyone, thanks for the e-mails. I just got word that my Grandma passed away this week! I was devastated. I'm glad to hear everyone is coping with it well. It was a really tough e-mail for me to read. But I saw immediate blessings just in my e-mail inbox. Firstly I got an e-mail from Steven whom I've not heard from for 7 months!!! And I also got a great e-mail from a friend who bore their testimony to me randomly. But it wasn't random. I really needed that. So thank you everyone for your e-mails!!!
 
This week went by so quickly and we've had lots more success. I've been strugglign to have patience with people, (my companion is great though,) But its taught me to be humbled in the lord's presence. We had Joe come to church this week! I lvoe that guy! He even stayed for all 3 hours. If you know this guy Joe we're teaching, it was a huge personal sacrifice to leave his comfort zone and come to church for 3 hours, so we're so grateful for that. We were fasting specifically for him and it was so great to see him make that effort. Me and Elder Hegerhorst are really starting to love the people we're teaching and loving the work.
 
There are mixed emotions today from the e-mails I've gotten and from the experiences I've had throughout the week. Above all I can't help but think of the Savior, and how he's always there to comfort us. in Alma 7:11-12 it talks about the atonement and what he actually went though, and not once does it mention sin. We seem to only look at the Atonement and just something to keep us clean from sin, but its more than that. It helps us through grief, sickness and pain if we believe on His name. Well, I hve to get going. Love you guys and talk to you next week!!!
 
-Elder Blumenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment