London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, February 4, 2013

First Week In Maidstone!!


Hey everyone, this might have to be a short e-mail... but I'll try to make it worth it.
 
I was transferred to Maidstone and my new companion is Elder Hegerhorst. He's from American Fork, utah. He's the coolest though! He was serving in Redhill in the Crawley zone so I actually saw him quite a bit before I became his companion. We even would have P-days together with Elder Wainwright and Elder Fingerle. So its great to have a good companion you can get along with.
 
The ward is really cool! But its a bit bigger than Haywards heath ward. So it almost loses its "home" feel. but not really, i think that might just be because I don't know anyone in the ward too well. But I had a very interesting Fast and Testimony meeting!!! It was definitely a good one though.
 
I did meet a few of the members, and the ones I remember are:
 -Steve, a guy who was baptized just a few weeks ago, who just got the Aaronic priesthood yesterday
 -Kim, a woman who was baptized in november and is solid as a rock, she's so cool. Apparently we've heard she wants to go knock doors with us! woah! haha
 -The Morgans, who we saw on Sunday for a lunch appointment, they're really funny. Brother Morgan was making me and Elder Hegerhorst bust up laughing so much about his old mission stories in the Manchester Mission
 - Sister Mansfield, who (I think?) introduced the church to Kim, and is really genuine and nice. She cooks us dinner quite a bit as well
 
 
Well i forget everyone else, but I'll see if I can't remember next week. Anyways, I have to get going. but thanks for the e-mails everyone!!! Maidstone is a relaly cool place but its full of people!!! its way bigger than Haywards Heath. Which is good. Elder Hegerhorst is a really good and obedient missionary as well, so he's giving me an example to look up to.
 
 
Until Next week,
-Elder Blumenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment