London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, November 12, 2012

Obama Won? Meanwhile, In England...


Well I couldn't much think of a clever title to this week's e-mail, haha. But yeah, the election was actually pretty publicized here. A lot of people are glad Obama won, but the only reason i'm discouraged is because if Romney won, it would've brought a lot of attention to the Church. Oh well, better luck next time I suppose!
This week was really great. We've been working with the same few people, but they're all really progressing well, and we hope to see Abbey baptized soon! So its going to be awesome. I need pictures of these people! But I keep forgetting to take them. This week I'll promise to take photos of everyone that we're teaching, or just people that we see often.

Anyways, among other things, its getting really cold here in England. Its getting harder and harder to cycle, haha! Because the wind rushing when you cycle down a big hill. I bought gloves the other day and now I am wearing my big winter coat religiously. Haha! Its not even December yet. The sun sets at around 5:00 here and by the time it hits December, it will start to get pitch-black outside at around 4:30 PM. How crazy is that?
Well I heard all the crazy news back home, everyone seems to be getting engaged and stuff! And they're mostly my age. What the heck!!! Haha. Anyways, sorry for the really short e-mail, I don't know what else to say. Elder McCook is a great companion, love the guy! We just sit there when we're bored quoting different general authorities in their voices, so funny. he can do a perfect Boyd K. Packer impersonation! HAHA!
Alright well, love you all, until next week! Hope you're all listening to plenty of Christmas music by now. Haha! We definitely are. We can't wait for christmas, i don't know why either. I don't even know what to expect as a missionary.
with love,
Elder Blumenthal
speaking of Christ, here's a great talk from Elder Anderson at the last conference in April. So good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment