London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, November 19, 2012

Four Month Mark Today!


Today marks the 4th month that I've been out on my mission. Seems like just yesterday taht I was reporting to the MTC, but at the same time, not really. its weird.
 
Anyways, this week has been really good, we're preparing Abbey for her baptism and I'm excited for her. She's awesome! Right now I'm getting ready to go get a haircut from Calum at his house, hopefully he can cut hair good! haha! Going to be a good P-day today!
 
Another thing that's been on my mind lately is the Book of Mormon. I was just thinking of the common question: "Why do we need the Book of Mormon?" then I was reading some quotes from Ezra Taft Benson, who was really keen on the importance of "flooding the world with the Book of Mormon." There are loads of reasons to why we have the Book of Mormon, and there are loads of correct answers. For me, i think the Book of Mormon is there to show us that God truly does not leave anyone alone. The Nephites were visited by Christ and their entire lives changed just because, from that experience, they knew that they were not alone. The Book of Mormon shows us that God still speaks to us today through modern day prophets, it shows us that the fulness of Jesus Christ's gospel is so simple that a child can understand it. When we choose to complicate certain situations, or our own situation, in the eternal aspect of things, doubt enters our minds, and the adversary can have control over us and bring temptation into our lives. I invite everyone reading this to read from the Book of Mormon, ponder its message, and ask God if it is true. I know you'll receive an answer, because I have.
 
I have to get going but I'm thankful for all your letters and e-mails, I promise you all that when things look bleak, they WILL get better, if we have faith!!!
 
-Elder Skyler Blumenthal
 
Ether 12:6

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sky, just wanted to tell you hi, sorry I haven't written back yet. I am preparing a package for you, so you should get it there within the next couple of weeks hopefully. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so try to go out and find a turkey and stuffing somewhere on that island :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete