London England South Mission
July 2012-July 2014

Monday, March 3, 2014

My Mission Just Flashed Before My Eyes

Woah, I just sat there and realized I have, like, 4 months left in my mission. And then I'm done. That's crazy.
Timbo is coming home in a month! And Some of my companions are going home soon too! Elder Wainwright my trainer goes home in a fortnight. Elder Hegerhorst goes home at the end of April!!! And my BOY is nearing his year mark! That is just... CRAZY.
Okay well this week was, awesome. We had 2 people at church. Well, 4 actually, 2 of them were non-members. It was just for sacrament (we have sacrament last in our ward) and it was fast and testimony meeting.. oh brother.. but it went well! Super well! They both enjoyed it. Best part of it all though, is FELLOWSHIP. Newbury is the king of kings in fellowshipping. Shebana, one of the people who came to church, was instantly invited to like 15 different activities! Its awesome!!! Kudos to the members for being champs.
Well yes, anyways, we've been teaching shebana (I'll have to get a picture of everyone by next week...) and she seems to be progressing rapidly. Before it was a struggle just getting over the first lesson, but now she's absorbing everything like a sponge! She'd be SUCH a great help in the ward. I'm so excited to have found her with Elder Stradling those months ago.
also, we had exchanges in the week, and interviews with President Millar. He sure has changed a lot since he first came out. I was in the first group of elders that came out when he came in. If that makes sense. basically, I know him from when he was a "greenie." haha! He was about as nervous as I was. But now he's just a champion! You can just feel the spirit so strong when you walk into a room with him.
 Anyways, thank you everyone for the e-mails. I hope to hear from everyone soon, and I will try to e-mail those of you whom I remember. Love ya! until next week,
-Elder Blumenthal





No comments:

Post a Comment